Posted on January 13, 2012
This is a great example of tones that would work well for a Winter portrait session.
Posted on October 7, 2011
These photographers have posted a lot of outfit groupings for your Fall and Winter sessions. Keep in mind that coordinating colors that look well near each other but don’t match exactly are perfect. Check out their websites through the links below:
Posted on September 2, 2011
This Fashion Friday post is for the high school senior girl. I’m excitedly awaiting my first senior girl’s session later this month.
Tips for senior sessions:
- Keep in mind that your clothing can be more playful and should showcase your personality. Layers work well!
- Jewelry, accessories, and hair can be changed with each outfit but should be kept to a minimum so that it doesn’t distract from your face.
- Some ideas: sunglasses, sports ball/uniform, prom dress, best friend, pet, hats, instruments, etc.
- Remember to apply a fresh coat of nail polish, since your hands and feet will likely be in the pictures.
- Wear your makeup a tad bit darker than normal, especially your mascara, but keep your eyeliner the normal amount you wear. Heavy eyeliner can make your eyes appear smaller.
Posted on July 15, 2011
When I saw this clothing board I was looking at pure eye candy. I promptly contacted the photographer and asked if she minded if I used this on my blog too.
Each row shows a color block with 4 colors that go nicely together and then the shirts next to it show you an example of how to mix the colors up.
Clothing boards used with permission by Amy Phipps. Thanks!